BREAKING NEWS: Social Media Delivered Seeking Summer Interns
The Oxford English Dictionary defines an ‘intern’ as the following: Intern (noun) • a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, at a trade or occupation in order to gain work experience.
They’ve got it partially right. But here is how Social Media Delivered defines an ‘intern’:
- They can explain why marketing is now most importantly a conversation
- They don't mind making funny viral videos while wearing a silly hat
- Their attention to detail is only the beginning…
- Multi-tasking on six different things is second nature
- They can write for inside the box but at the same time think outside of it
- Researching brands runs in their blood
- Comfortable with being addicted to caffeine and some type of candy
- Sometimes they get so creative they scare themselves
- They sometimes doodle
- They enjoy wearing flip-flops to work
This summer, Social Media Delivered is seeking to fill approximately FOUR intern positions that will give us a chance to work with best, brightest, and most brand-aware minds that are out in the marketing-savvy sphere. As crazy as it sounds we want those individuals who are aspiring to be the next, Scorsese, Picasso, Mozart, and/or Mark Twain. Having a variety of skills will allow you to grow as an individual and become an invaluable part of our team.
Being an intern at Social Media Delivered means you have to be willing to work hard, learn fast, and think on your feet. The SMD Intern must be a sophomore, junior or senior currently enrolled at a university or college or recent graduate with a background in one of the following: Journalism, Marketing, Computer Sciences, Graphic Design, New Media, Advertising, Public Relations, Account Planning, or related field that is integral to the growth of social media marketing.
The unpaid, summer internship begins on: Monday May 24th, 2010.
*We welcome candidates seeking class credit for the internship.
Interested Candidates should direct all questions, and email cover letter/resume to:
Ruth Ferguson, Social Media Manager
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE APRIL 29th, 2010
We appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck! Go forth and market smartly!