By Elizabeth Adams | @ElizDaShiz
There are many times that we social media content creators are tasked with covering things that are less exciting than a rescued panda’s first birthday. How do you rise above the competition at an eye care convention? How can daily content about insurance policies captivate an audience? How can you spice up a picture of the same menu item without hiring a professional photographer? I have tasked myself to prove that 7 iPhone apps can make the boring look un-boring.
Task: Create visual content in a seemingly content-less situation.
Resources: empty conference room, office supplies, a laptop, an iPhone, 7 apps, and yours truly.
- Camera+ Description: “Camera+ helps you use your iPhone to shoot the best photos you possibly can. Packed with several handy features that your standard camera app doesn’t include, your pics will improve the instant you start using Camera+.” Marketing Application: You have a product and you have professional photography of your product. A real-time marketing opportunity arises and Photoshop is not an option, but you still want the photo to look professional: use Camera+.
- FlipagramDescription: “Flipagrams are short photo-video stories, paired with music you love.”Marketing Application: After a weekend industry event, post a recap Flipagram on Instagram to thank the sponsors. [embed]https://youtu.be/0RrltoYILx8[/embed]
- Countdown!! Description: “Count down to your next event - your next vacation, your favorite band’s concert, the next movie premiere, your child's graduation, your anniversary, and more - in style!” Marketing Application: Your new storefront is opening in 35 days and you’ve got a cool picture of the plans - make a Countdown!! picture.
- LumyerDescription: “Contextual photo animation.”Marketing Application: If the team on the ground sent over assets that aren’t as visually appealing as you would have hoped for, add Lumyer animations. [embed]https://youtu.be/7GvqmKzdrA4[/embed]
- GifLabDescription: “GifLab is the easiest way to create GIFs on your iOS device.”Marketing Application: Turn any videos into GIFs so that you can use them on Twitter.
- TimerCamDescription: “TimerCam is the easiest way to take pictures with a self-timer.”Marketing Application: It’s team bonding time and Denise from HR forgot the selfie stick - use TimerCam to get everyone in the group pic to post on LinkedIn for recruiting.
- JibJab Description: “Your favorite cards from JibJab.com are now available in the JibJab app!” Marketing Application: Portray company culture with a JibJab animation of the finance department’s heads on dancing elves during the holidays.
Conclusion: All visual content can be exciting and aesthetically appealing. When it fits with your brand's voice, have fun with your images and videos.
What other visual apps do you use on your phone?