Social media marketing is important for any small business. However, there is one site that goes above and beyond for business professionals. LinkedIn is a way for professionals to connect and, if you are looking, find jobs. You must make sure that your profile is filled out correctly to get the full potential out of LinkedIn.
Here are some tips to improve your LinkedIn profile.
- Use a professional picture. You want to make sure that you have a proper and professional picture on your LinkedIn profile at all times.
- Use an eye catching heading. Really describe what you do with keywords and descriptive words that people are going to be searching for. Think about keywords and search engines so your profile will get found by plenty of people.
- Fill out the whole profile. Don’t leave any of the sections blank because that will look unprofessional.
- Make it easy for people to get in touch with you by entering all of your methods of contact, including your email. Most people seem to prefer to email you so do not forget to include that. Also, if you want to be available by other methods, be sure to include them.
- Utilize the skills section. You can put several skills in one line together as a way to group them. This will make it easier when people endorse you. Don’t forget about any certifications that you may have.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations. There is a standard form to ask for recommendations. If you have time, add a little note to it.
It is important to make sure that you take time to work on your LinkedIn profile. You need to have a professional picture and a good headline. Make it really easy for people to be able to contact you. Then, utilize the skills section and don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations.
Contact us to help you make your LinkedIn profile shine!