1 billion stories are viewed daily on Snapchat. 8,796 photos are shared every second on Snapchat. It would take you 10 years to view all the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour. By the time you’d viewed those, another 880,000 years’ worth of photos would have been shared. Alright, we get it. Lots of activity on Snapchat, which is why it is interesting that only 1% of marketers are using this platform. Here are 10 ways for marketers to use Snapchat effectively:
Decide who will manage your account:
1. Partner with a professional Influencer with a fan base that is similar to your target audience. There are multiple resources on the internet that can connect you with this sort of talent.
2. Run an account organically within your organization. Assign the project to someone with creativity, charisma, & ability to draw. Follow all of your contacts. Promote your unique ghost on all social channels - this way users can scan it and add you as a contact. Post content aligned with business goals daily.
3. Hire an outsourced social media company to manage the account for you. This company must have a strong understanding of your voice and your business goals.
Decide what content you want to post:
4. Hold photo themed contests that align with your brand. Set criteria for how the photos will be judged. Take screenshots of photo entries and choose a winner. Contact the winner to give them their prize and see if they are comfortable with you posting their photo on your other social media channels.
5. Preview product using sneak peaks. The ephemeral nature of Snapchat gives off an exclusive feeling for the user. Debut exciting new updates with your brand.
6. Give out coupons to your followers. This will reward the loyal users that keep up with your content.
7. Show behind the scenes footage. This gives your brand a voice and makes your more personable. Snapchat is essentially un-editable, so the audience knows that they are seeing the real deal.
8. Introduce new team members. This speaks to #7 as well as recruitment. Potential employees will see the type of people they would be working with in a casual light.
Take advantage of the fact that Snapchat is predominantly a younger audience:
9. Employment and Intern opportunities Speaking to #8, prospective employees and interns can get a good feel for your company and brand. Also, young, entry-level employees are likely to be on Snapchat.
10. Design content to cater to young audiences. Be fun! Draw crazy things and use the Snapchat lenses.