What's your style? How Polyvore Increases Brand Awareness
by Elisa Pequini | @lipequini What is the largest fashion community website that lets you create your own style sets for inspiration and share it with the world? Do any names come to mind?
If you haven't heard of Polyvore, I am willing to bet you have seen its images on Pinterest or fashion blogs. They look like this:
Look familiar? The "style set" images have made the rounds on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest with continuing growth every month.
Polyvore works like a live fashion magazine. As I said, users create "sets" with the clothes they like and share them. They do it for two reasons: they love fashion and it's as easy as playing with paper-dolls.
If you are a fashion designer or a retailer, here is why you should be on Polyvore:
- With over 13 million unique monthly visitors (an increase of 80% from the beginning of 2011), it is major exposure for your brand/store.
- You can make your products available for the users to style in different ways and have them exposed to millions of people, without paying for any advertisement.
- If they like what they see all they have to do is click on the set and Polyvore links back to your store so they can buy.
- Post good pictures of your products.
- Style some sets yourself for user inspiration.
- Remember that the website allows users to tweet, pin, facebook, and link back to that set.
What this means for your business is that you are not restrained to just Polyvore's users - you have all the social media platforms just waiting to see what your brand's style is like.