How-To Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile
By: Amelia Clark | @dishpit First, why would you want to add video to your LinkedIn profile?
Because it is a great way to introduce yourself and your company to those interested in your profile and sets you apart from every other profile out there. The video doesn't have to be elaborate or really long, you really just need a short video (keep it under 2 minutes) featuring your 'elevator speech' or a valuable tip for your potential connections.
This is the step-by-step how-to guide on adding a YouTube video to your LinkedIn homepage.
The process is fairly simple once you know the secret.
- Start by uploading your video to Youtube
- If you do not have a Slideshare account, set one up at http://www.slideshare.net/
- Upload a blank Powerpoint presentation to your Slideshare account
- TIP: A proper headline and keywords on both your YouTube video and your Slideshare presentation will affect SEO
- Once your video is uploaded, click EDIT
- Go to the tab that says 'Edit YouTube Videos' (see below)
- Insert the url of your YouTube video in the form, and select the position for your video from the dropdown menu
- Click Insert & Publish
Voila! Your Slideshare presentation is now a nifty video.
Now, to get that presentation onto your LinkedIn profile:
- Log into your LinkedIn account
- In the menu at the top, go to More > Get More Applications
- Select Slideshare Presentations from the list
- Follow the steps to connect your Slideshare account
- Once you're logged into Slideshare through LinkedIn, choose the Your Slidespace tab
- Select your video presentation
- LinkedIn automatically shows your most recent Slideshare upload, to override this and always show your video presentation select Show on Profile on the right side
- Hit Confirm
Congratulations! You now have video on your LinkedIn profile!
Leave us a comment and let us know what your video is going to highlight about your business for your LinkedIn connections.