They say that '1 is the loneliest number that there ever was;' However for Social Media leaders around the world, one (no pun intended) can only hope that their daily efforts, ambitions and life's work will make it to the top of the heap, the 1st in line, etc. Enough already with our sly nuances. In the year '11 - social media trends around the world are already generating lucky numbers and setting the stakes high; Be on the look out to see whose in the race and check out these interesting stats:
- 1 billion / Subscriptions YouTube hit in October 2010 and the defining moment when they became the #1 online resource for video streaming.
- 1.1.11 / aka New Year's Day which reported a new Twitter record - 6,939 tweets per second sent - as folks gave a shout out around the world for 2011.
- #1 / Mark Zuckerberg's rank as Time Magazine's 2010 'Person of the Year'
- 1 / settlement originally worth an estimated $65 million USD already agreed upon between the Winklevoss Twins & Mark Zuckerberg, their Harvard classmate and founder of Facebook
- 1.11.11 / A day that will live in infamay as the Winklevoss Twins will approach the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, hoping to reverse their former agreement settled on between the Facebook founder & their legal team.