Social Media Delivered Internships
The world of marketing is ever changing and imposing new expectations on creative work and business leadership. Social Media Delivered (SMD) is an exciting, fast-paced, consulting firm focused on working with companies seeking to optimize their social media marketing strategies. Some businesses are struggling to adapt with the times. In order to help businesses keep up, we manage the communication between client and consumer.
Currently, we are seeking to fill several part-time, unpaid intern positions. Every staff member at SMD started their journey as an unpaid intern. Each intern is asked to complete 240 hours at a schedule they set. As an intern, you will receive first-hand, real-world working experience within a prominent social media organization. While working on various social media projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and develop or enhance skills in the following areas: communications, public relations, marketing, copy writing, editing, proofreading, blogging, customer service, team-building, project management, problem-solving, and leadership. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of your 240 hours, we will provide a recommendation. For college students, we will also provide an evaluation if your school requires one.
Interested candidates should direct all questions and the items below to Ruth Ferguson at Ruth@socialmediadelivered.com
- cover letter
- online portfolio
- social network links if available
The SMD Intern candidates include:
- college student or recent graduate with a background in one of the following:
- Marketing Advertising, or Public Relations,
- Graphic Design or Web Design
- New Media or related field integral to the growth of social media marketing
- candidates seeking to change careers and want to learn fundamentals of social media
Qualified interns must possess a basic understanding of one or more social networks, a desire to work hard and the ability to learn quickly. Candidates should also possess the following skills:
- Creativity – graphic design, layouts, AND/OR copywriting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Google Documents and Gmail
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design programs is a plus but not required
- Web development, HTML/CSS coding knowledge is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of administration pages for: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
This position will include client responsibilities as assigned by the SMD staff. Therefore the Intern must have a strong sense of responsibility, thoroughness, dependability, attention to detail, and trustworthiness.
It is preferred for the candidate to work a minimum of 20 hours a week; this is an unpaid position. However, the schedule is flexible and we will consider all serious candidates. Also, SMD will review candidates interested in receiving class credit for the internship.
- Generating strong copy writing which reflects a client’s brand and character
- Drafting/proof-reading/updating blogs for review and consideration
- Researching specific industries to effectively communicate on a client’s behalf via social media
- Producing creative writing and/or graphic design that will generate a stronger social media presence for clients
Social Media Delivered is an organization that values a congenial and social workplace. We expect every employee/intern to have fun while competently handling work-related tasks and to enjoy a professional work relationship with teammates. We do not tolerate disrespect of coworkers or of any clients or client representatives. However, we follow a strict policy of celebrating successes and try to interject a sense of fun in the workplace.
SMD Interns are expected to behave responsibly when handling client information, to maintain client confidentiality, to report to work when assigned and to capably complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner. All staff and interns are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Updated March, 2012
[contact-form-7 id="11761" title="Contact Form Internship"]