Social Media Delivered Internships
We offer in-person internships in Dallas, Texas and virtual internships world wide.
The world of marketing is ever changing and imposing new expectations on creative work and business leadership. Social Media Delivered (SMD) is an exciting, fast-paced, consulting firm focused on working with companies seeking to optimize their social media marketing strategies. Some businesses are struggling to adapt with the times. In order to help businesses keep up, we manage the communication between client and consumer.
Currently, we are seeking to fill several part-time, unpaid intern positions. Every staff member at SMD started their journey as an unpaid intern. Each intern is asked to complete 240 hours at a schedule they set. As an intern, you will receive first-hand, real-world working experience within a prominent social media organization. While working on various social media projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and develop or enhance skills in the following areas: communications, public relations, marketing, copy writing, editing, proofreading, blogging, customer service, team-building, project management, problem-solving, and leadership. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of your 240 hours, we will provide a recommendation. For college students, we will also provide an evaluation if your school requires one.
Interested candidates should direct all questions and the items below to Ruth Ferguson at Ruth@socialmediadelivered.com
- Cover letter
- Online portfolio
- Social network links if available
Interns are expected to participate in team brainstorming and writing, as well as other collaborative projects. Interns also work independently on marketing campaigns for our clients, research projects, blogging, etc. Therefore, we seek candidates with a strong sense of responsibility, thoroughness, dependability, drive, attention to detail and trustworthiness.
Qualified candidates must possess a basic understanding of one or more social networks, a desire to work hard and the ability to learn quickly. Ideally, candidates also possess one or more of the following:
- Creativity – graphic design, layouts, AND/OR copywriting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using gmail and google drive (collaborative documents)
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other design programs
- Web development, HTML/CSS coding knowledge
- Familiarity with the WordPress
- Experience with administration pages and an understanding of analytics for Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, others
Typically, our interns are:
- College students or recent graduates with a background in one of the following:
- Marketing Advertising, or Public Relations,
- Graphic Design or Web Design
- New Media or related field integral to the growth of social media marketing
- Professionals seeking to change careers and wanting to learn the fundamentals or expand their knowledge of social media
We prefer candidates who are available for a minimum of 20 hours per week, but we do make exceptions. Interns may establish their own schedule.
We welcome candidates interested in receiving class credit for the internship.
Responsibilities may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Creative copy writing for SMD and its clients
- Monitoring, interacting and posting on social media for SMD and its clients
- Researching and reporting on current trends, verticals, tools, emerging social media platforms
- Brainstorming for our blog and newsletter
- Writing blogs and articles for our newsletter
- Testing and reporting on emerging tools
- Reviewing analytics of social media pages to look for opportunities to improve current campaigns
- Producing creative graphics to generate a stronger social media presence for clients
- Offering social media tips on video for SMD’s weekly blog piece
- Researching and writing social media case studies
- Participating in our annual pie fight (in Dallas during summertime)
Social Media Delivered is an organization that values a congenial and social workplace. We expect every employee/intern to have fun while competently handling work-related tasks and to enjoy a professional relationship with teammates. We do not tolerate disrespect of co-workers or of any clients or client representatives. We follow a strict policy of celebrating successes and try to interject a sense of fun in the workplace.
SMD Interns are expected to behave responsibly, to maintain client confidentiality, to report to work when assigned and to capably complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner. All staff and interns are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Free Social Media Business Equation™ Certification for Interns
With a completed satisfactory internship, you qualify for a free social media examination and certification if you meet the requirements. The Social Media Business Equation™ Certification is a valuable asset for those wishing to enter the field of social media. When we hire, we give priority consideration to interns who become certified through our process. If there are no suitable positions with us available at the time, we will do our best to get you exposure to available positions in social media with a variety of companies.
Don’t have time to become certified through a 240-hour internship with us? Click here to learn about our accelerated, on-site Social Media Business Equation™ Certification program.
Updated August, 2013